Date: March 2020
We are monitoring the situation constantly and would like to give you some further reassurance following the recent updates from Public Health England, as issued by the Chief Medical Officer. Continuing to support you during these uncertain times is really important to us and we fully understand the concerns surrounding Coronavirus, Covid-19.
• Our cleaning regime is being closely monitored to ensure best practice is met, as specified by Public Health England. We have increased our management control measures and processes,including;
• Increased disinfection of high touch areas such as gym/studio equipment, door handles/push plates, counters/tables/vanity area, lockers and soft play areas
• Introduced new cleaning stations in all gyms and studios, to allow customers to self-clean equipment before and after use
• Ensuring that soap dispensers remain full in all changing rooms and toilet facilities
• All group exercise classes will now be moved to the largest spaces possible e.g sports halls if available where we will be asking for a 2 metre gap in between members. The classes will be 55 minutes in duration to allow for additional disinfection of the area and equipment
We continue to ask that you assist by taking the following steps, in accordance with government advice:
• Do not come to the centre if you feel unwell.
• Wash your hands when you arrive, before you use any equipment. Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
• Carry tissues with you and use them to catch coughs and sneezes. Then bin carefully and wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
• For ALL activities, please use the cleaning materials available to thoroughly wipe down all equipment after use. Carefully bin paper towels when done.
• If you think you may have come into contact with the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance. Go to: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• Please ensure you don’t mistakenly take any sanitizer or wipe-down towels from the centre.
To assist you with any further questions you may have, please refer to our FAQs.
Being active remains an important part of staying healthy,and a regular exercise regime can help boost the immune system. It can also help maintain a positive outlook.
Swim England, the national governing body of swimming has been in contact with Public Health England regarding novel Coronavirus, whom confirmed: “Water and the chlorine within swimming pools will help to kill the virus”.
We look forward to seeing you soon and please ask one of our team members if you have any additional questions. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves.