Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Date: March 2020
Is the pool safe for me to use?
Yes, the chlorine used in swimming pools is sufficient to kill the virus. This information has come from Public Health England.
How often is the centre being cleaned?
• In addition to the our routine cleaning schedule we are conducting the following every two hours
• Increased disinfection of high touch areas such as gym/studio equipment, door handles/push plates, counters/tables/vanity area, lockers and soft play areas
• Introduced new cleaning stations in all gyms and studio, to allow customers self-clean equipment before and after use
• Ensuring that soap dispensers remain full in all changing rooms and toilet facilities
• All group exercise classes will now be 55 minutes in duration to allow for additional disinfection of the area and equipment
• We continue to remind members of the importance of good hygiene in the gym
Is the centre open as normal?
Yes, and you can find all opening hours on our websites
Can I bring in my own cleaning supplies?
Thank you for being so considerate but we are afraid not. Some cleaning materials may react with the equipment finishes, which could damage them.
I have a cold, can I still use the centre?
If you are unwell with any contagious infection, including colds, influenza and coronavirus you should stay away from the centre and get better.
Is there anything I can do to help?
There certainly is. Please see our advice below in accordance with the Government on how you can help us keep your centre a hygienic, clean and pleasant environment in which to exercise and relax:
• Do not come to the centre if you feel unwell.
• Wash your hands when you arrive, before you use any equipment. Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
• Carry tissues with you and use them to catch coughs and sneezes. Then bin carefully and wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
• For ALL activities, please use the cleaning materials available to thoroughly wipe down all equipment after use. Carefully bin paper towels when done.
• If you think you may have come into contact with the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance. Go to: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• Please ensure you don’t mistakenly take any sanitizer or wipe-down towels from the centre.
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
This is an evolving situation and members are asked to continue to visit and regularly check the following websites for the latest updates and guidance:
– GOV.UK website
– Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website
– The World Health Organization